Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

TIME CHANGE

The time change always messes me up. For at least a week. We tried to go to bed earlier, but when the alarm goes off at 6:15am, I'm completely exhausted. Not sure if it's because the Baby is sucking the life out of me, or the time change, or a combination. HockeyStud has to get up at 4:30am on the days he works... well, actually his alarm goes off at 4:27 (not sure why he has it set to this?).  I don't know how he does it, especially with the time change. I don't think he knows how he does it either. I get MonkeyGirl up at about 6:40am. I go in her room, wake her up, turn her lights on, pick something out for her to wear, and then she insists on coming into our room and getting dressed on our bed. The other morning she looked out the window, at the dark sky and said, "Mommy, it's not wake up time, it's night night time." Ohhhh, how I wish. I tried to explain to her that it was morning time but it was just darker out. So, she came up with "Oh, so the clouds are covering the sun." Yes, my sweet MonkeyGirl... that's exactly what it is. She is just as confused as me when it comes to the time change. Her normal bedtime is between 8:00 and 8:30, but now... it's an hour later. We are working on this...

This morning I had to wake up extra early since I had to get bloodwork done. I don't like taking time off work to do these type of things because I would just have to stay late at work another day to make it up (I work 8-4). I was at the Lab at 7:00am, getting poked. It was pitch black out, that's not normal. Nothing to worry about, just routine prenatal bloodwork. Speaking of prenatal... We go for an ultrasound next Wednesday, the 24th, to find out the sex of our Baby!! Ahhhhh, I'm so flipping excited!

The only thing positive about this time change is that it gets darker later, which I enjoy.  

- Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Im going to go ahead and blame the fact that my little one is not sleeping lately on the time change lol ... seems like a legit excuse ha ha ... not sure why we have to even have a stupid time change lol ;0) good luck at your appointment!!!!

    ReplyDelete