Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm On A Mission...

To lose 10 pounds. The last 10 that are hanging on for dear life. I'm pretty happy with my weight right now, I'm 10 pounds lighter now than I was before I got pregnant with the little man, but 10 pounds would be awesome, especially since summer is right around the corner. I eat healthy, not like strict healthy, but for the most part, I'm good. But lately, for some reason I just want to eat everything in sight. And bad stuff too. I need to drink more water. I don't drink enough of anything throughout the day. Here's the main problem I have: When I'm at work, I hardly eat. I always bring my food for work. Mostly something very small for lunch, like a small lean cuisine, or little bit of leftovers from the night before. I usually skip breakfast. If I do have breakfast, it's either 2 eggs or a greek yogurt. If I skip breakfast, I'm ravenous by 12:00-1:00. So, I don't want what I brought for lunch anymore because it won't be enough for me and then I end up going to this little cafe close by and getting a sandwich and chips. Not good. I don't eat the rest of the day and then by the time I get home around 5:00 I'm ravenous again and I snack... usually a semi-healthy snack, but it's just extra calories that I shouldn't be consuming, and I eat dinner on top of it. I figured out that I need more protein and fiber and to eat more often to keep myself full.



I went to the grocery store yesterday and loaded up on veggies and fruits, greek yogurt, Kashi cereal (I wanted a high fiber/low fat cereal), almonds, cottage cheese,
double fiber bread, and other little stuff.



I cut up the veggies and put them in ziplock bags so I can just grab and go. I also did this for the cereal, I pre-portioned it out into little bags.


My breakfast this week will be 1 container of nonfat plain greek yogurt, 1 baggie of cardboard cereal, and about 1/2 cup of fruit. The cereal really isn't that bad, especially mixed in with the sweetness of the fruit. I'm using frozen fruit, so it won't go bad. I just put some in a little container and by the time I'm ready to eat it, it's already thawed.

Mid-morning snack will be a lowfat string cheese and a 100-calorie packet of non-salted almonds.

Lunch will be 1 container of fat free cottage cheese, tomato slices and lettuce all on top of 1 slice of fiber bread. All of that fiber and protein will fill me up.

I threw out the empty packet of dry ranch mix, but I found the top I cut off of it!


Afternoon snack will be carrots and celery with ranch dip. I made this ranch dip myself using 3 6oz containers of nonfat plain greek yogurt and 1 packet of hidden valley dry ranch mix. It's amazingly delicious. I love ranch, and this is just like it, but NO fat and loaded with protein!

If I get hungry before I leave for work, I also have an apple. Or, if I have a chocolate craving (which usually happens) I will have a granola thin that has dark chocolate. Very satisfying.

By the time I get home, I should not be hungry. And, I shouldn't be so ravenous that I stuff myself with dinner.

Next week I will switch it up a little bit so I don't get bored. I am also going to start going to the gym. If I don't have time to go to the gym, I will go for a walk with the kids and Daddy (if's he's not working). I can't lose the last 10 without being active.

I know losing these last 10 pounds will be a slow process, but every little step helps! I really don't have a goal date. If I lose 1/2 a pound a week, that will be great.



I had to throw this in here... Look at that Stud!

- Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome start, I love all that food :-)

    ReplyDelete