Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

She Gets It From Her Momma

Well, in my case I didn't get it from my momma, unfortunately. My mom has the artist gene... Me? Not so much. I can draw a stick figure, that's as good as it will get from me. Mom painted us 2 abstracts. They're beaaautiful. The first one has water blue-type colors and little bits of color, like a sea garden. This picture really does not do these colors justice. It's absolutely the perfect statement piece for the front entry.




I just love this huge-ass mirror in the entry.

The second piece she painted is magnificent. It's got silver and red and blue and white, and it's textured. All of these colors are the colors of my house. When the light shines in from the sliding glass doors in the dining room, the silver glimmers.




She's talented, huh?

Something else my mom made for us is a terrarium. Some rocks, moss, and little tiny mushrooms... So cute! It's a perfect, simple centerpiece for our dining room table.




We always get compliments on it.

Now, I have to show you all the painting that my MonkeyGirl did... 





How precious?! She even added texture... there's a cheerio stuck on the top. She's a true artist I tell ya! The artist gene skipped a generation. Went straight from my mom to my Girl.

Oh, and mom... I know you will read this... So, thank you for our beautiful artwork! I am so proud to have some pieces of your talent in our house! 

This post is linked to HodgePodge.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment