Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Down With The Sickness

My poor girl's got the sickness. Strep throat. Ugh. Her little throat is so raw and covered with blisters. Sunday night she came down with a major fever... 103.6. That's a lot for that little body. We gave her some meds, she slept all night and the next morning she still had a 103 fever. I stayed home with her and she mostly just relaxed on the couch watching whatever her little heart desired.



I was her slave for the day... Well, I guess that's not a change from any other day though. Whatever she needed or wanted, she got. Lots of popsicles. Her fever jumped all over the place, but never below 101. Tuesday morning it was time to take her in to the Doctor. They tested her for strep and it came back positive. Tuesday was a better day though, she seemed more like her silly self. Trying to make me laugh (and succeeding), she wanted me to do her hair and nails, we baked cupcakes, she was just so much better.



She's still home today because she can't go back to school until she's fever-free for 24 hours. Now let's just hope the little man doesn't get sick...

- Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Oh no hope she feels better!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my boy's been sick going on three weeks now. it's those darn preschool germs that constantly get recycled! wish you all well!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete