Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our Wedding

**Warning: Long post... but so worth it!**

I haven't done a post about my wedding yet! We got married on January 18th, 2010... It was a Monday. My husband picked that date because that was the date he first came to Naples and decided he had to move down here. So, January 18th was a special date to him. We decided to get married at the Courthouse... nothing fancy. And in all honesty... This was my 2nd wedding (don't judge), I KNEW with all my heart this was the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life, and I didn't care how or where I was going to marry him. My first wedding, I knew walking down the aisle that it wasn't right. I know, that's horrible... but that's what happened. I got married for all the wrong reasons - I was pregnant and thought it was the right thing to do. This time was completely different. Although I was pregnant for this wedding too (man, I have a bad history with that, huh?!) I was head over heels in love with this man and we had discussed marriage prior to me getting knocked up (ha!). Anyway... So our plan was to get married on Monday, January 18th at the Courthouse... only problem was... that was MLK Day and the courthouse was closed. My husband told me he called over there and someone was going to come in just to marry us... Awesome! We were going to 5th Avenue beach to take pictures, then go to the courthouse, and then out to dinner. It was just going to be the two of us, Morgan, his parents and my parents. Very intimate. I was completely stress free... I didn't have to plan anything. My mom went with my to pick out a dress, just something very pretty, but very simple. The morning of the 18th, I went to my parents' house and he stayed home. We went about our day, not seeing each other all day. Time comes to get myself and Morgan ready (she had a gorgeous dress that "matched" mine). Then we loaded up in my parents' car to head to the beach for pictures. It was right at sunset, perfect picture opportunity! We get out of the car, and all start to walk towards the boardwalk to get to the beach. Right before we get to the boardwalk, my dad grabs my arm and says... "Are you ready?"... We walk over the boardwalk and there stood about 50 people all lined up in a U shape around my husband and our friend (the officiant). I held onto my dad's arm SO tight and just broke down in tears... HAPPY HAPPY, oh so HAPPY tears. I was in complete shock...  I walked to meet my husband, he was crying because I was crying and it was just so beautiful. Most of the pictures of me walking towards him are so ugly because I have this horrible crying face.. Embarassing...




We had an amazingly beautiful ceremony. Morgan stood right up there with us, and the 3 of us got married...





See my bump?







During the ceremony, my husband knelt down and gave Morgan a bracelet as a symbol that he will always love her. After the ceremony we just mingled around the beach for a while, taking pictures, talking with my surprise guests. My sister-in-law flew in from Texas just for this surprise. Once everything was said and done at the beach, we headed to a little hidden GORGEOUS restaurant called Dish - this little place has amazing greenery, a serene pool, beautiful lighting. We had the whole place to ourselves. This part was also a major surprise!





We had a whole reception... a live band, delicious food, a gorgeous cake... It was a heavenly night.






Seriously, who has a surprise wedding?! MEEE!!!   I think a lot of women might be upset by a surprise wedding because they didn't get to plan it or be involved in the decision making. I can say my wedding was perfect... stress-free, on the beach during sunset. I couldn't have planned it better myself... and my husband did EVERYTHING and kept it all a secret from me. How amazing is that man of mine?! He made a little speech at our reception and said he couldn't let me get married in a courthouse and he knew when I agreed to get marred in the courthouse that he had to do something extra special for me. That man just melts my heart. That was the most amazing night I have ever had, thanks to my husband.

- Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures thanks for sharing your wedding story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest wedding story! Your husband is so sweet to have done this for you and M! I'm loving all of the pictures too. You were a beautiful bride.

    P.S.

    LOVE that your mama called you Foofy also!!!

    Have a great day!

    xoxo
    shastaanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so sweet! Love your pictures. You have a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete