Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Opposite Eaters

I cook just about every night for my family and enjoy it. I love being in the kitchen and experimenting and just playing around with whatever pops into my head. I try to make everything as clean as possible, even the treats I make, but I'm also realistic. It seems as if I have two extreme opposite eaters on my hands... Parker has become extremely picky. It seems as if he will only eat goldfish, raisins, and peas. Nutritious, no? I give him a plate of whatever I make that night - it's never anything fancy or not kid-friendly, but he always has the same reaction: "Yuck!" ugh! I guess if the boy is truly hungry, he will eat whatever is in front of him. I know he eats at daycare with the other kids, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. Look at the kid... he's definitely not starving.


Morgan, on the other hand... Put anything in front of her and she eats it. She's a fruit-a-holic, and also loves brussels sprouts and capers. Quite the mature appetite. She also has a strong sweet tooth.


I pack her lunch everyday for school. She tells me what she wants, which is usually always healthy foods.

Her Hello Kitty lunchbox she picked out...


Some of her lunch eats...

Turkey and spinach sandwich, cherry tomatoes, grapes,
olives, and mini M&M's

Turkey and spinach sandwich, watermelon, carrots,
low fat ranch dip, no salt pretzels, and mini M&M's

Peanut butter sandwich, cucumbers, low fat ranch dip,
 blueberries, goldfish, and mini M&M's

Turkey and Kale sandwich, orange segments, cherry tomatoes,
olives, and mini M&M's
 I haven't added a whole lot of variety to her lunches just yet. She really likes having some sort of sandwich everyday, so I'm sticking with that for now. The girl loves to have olives and mini M&M's for a little something sweet. And I always pack a mini bottle of water. Most days she eats all of it, other days (when the boys won't leave her alone, according to her) she only leaves a few bites left.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment