Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wanderlust





I want to see the world with my husband by my side. I want to show my kids the world. I want us to discover new-to-us places, experience different cultures, see how other people live, have coffee overlooking the Swiss Alps while holding my husband’s hand, and go on as many adventures as we can. I have these images of us doing all of these things and it makes me smile. I want to see my husband and my children in different places, see them in a different light.


I’ve traveled with my grandparents when I was younger, but not old enough to truly appreciate it. I loved traveling and seeing new places with them, but I feel like you don’t really appreciate that until you are older. If I could go to all of those places now… Oh man, I would have a new found appreciation for it all.

My favorite places I’ve been to are: Paris, London and Dover, England (I attended the Queen’s Golden Procession!), Niagara Falls, New York City (this past March with just my husband!), Lake George in NY, the British Virgin Islands and the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Block Island in Rhode Island, Key West, and of course Disney World! I’ve been to many other places, but those are the ones that stick out the most and have the most memories of.


I want to be able to let my kids experience travel, adventure, culture, see how other people live. I think that’s very important. I think they are at a good age now, especially Morgan, to start to travel somewhere new once a year, as a family. Every year, I want to save up for a family vacation to somewhere we’ve never been before: Grand Canyon, camping trip, Redwood Forest, Zion National Park, Alaska, Swiss Alps, Austin, Vancouver… Oh the list goes on. I will gladly give up cable (which we already have), shopping, new clothes, and any other luxuries if it means we get to travel as a family. That’s far more important to me. I also love the whole traveling experience – flying, roadtrips, hotels… I love it.


This past March I surprised my husband, for his birthday. He’s a HUGE New York Ranger fan (hockey) and he’s from New Jersey and most of his family is still in NJ. So, I bought Ranger tickets for Madison Square Garden and booked flights to go up to NJ for a little less than a week, without the kids. I gave the hockey tickets to him in a birthday card and he about freaked (as much as a man can “freak”). He was so excited! I think I may have been more excited than he was, since I had been keeping this a secret for 4 months prior! Anyway, he and I had a great time, and it was our first time traveling together. We spent a full day in New York City, which was my first time visiting the City, and of course I fell in love and told him I would move there in an instant. It was a very special trip and I think about it quite often. 





 xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment