Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Serious-ness and the Weekend

Everything has gotten so clear lately. I guess that’s a part of growing older. When I was younger, I was so indecisive and very unsure of just about everything. And, I felt like I had to please everyone in order for them to like me. I cared a lot about what people thought of me. I don’t like that.

A lot has happened in the past year. I have learned a lot about myself. Things I like and things I dislike. Things that people would approve of and things they wouldn’t. But, I’m not on this earth to impress everyone or to care what they think.

I have come a long way in the past year. In the past several months. In the past few weeks, even days. And it’s a good feeling. I feel a new appreciation for everything in my life. I feel like I have a new light about me. I’m still working on improving and bettering myself… I don’t think I will ever stop doing that. It’s a never-ending internal project.

I enjoy doing so many things, for my family as well as for myself. I have so much I want to do with this precious life I have. I have so much I want to experience and learn.


Enough serious talk... But it does feel good to write all of that down.

We had a fabulous weekend! On Friday, Hubby and I had a sushi date which was way overdue and much needed and it was wonderful. I love that man.


Saturday, we took the girl to her skating lessons, and then came home and I made breakfast. My friend came over in the afternoon and we had a little Mary Kay make-over session that was fun. It was a crappy day out, so we just hung out at home - the kids jumped on the trampoline, I made dinner and we snuggled on the couch the rest of the night.


We went out to breakfast as a family on Sunday, which we haven't done in quite some time, so that was a wonderful treat. Then, we came home and went swimming! At nap time, my mother-in-law came over to watch the kids to Bobby and I could go to the gym together. I loved having a gym date with my handsome man! After the gym we got to go grocery shopping together, just the 2 of us! Once you have kids, you cherish every moment you can get alone with your husband... even if it's just going grocery shopping together. We went over to my parent's house for dinner last night and we all passed out when we got home.



xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment