Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

I Heart Coffee


I loooovvvee me some coffee. BUT, the way I like my coffee is not so healthy... I love half and half and lotsa sugaaa.

I have to have at least one cup a day, in the morning, or I'm a monster. It's my drug. I get withdrawls by the afternoon, if I don't have my morning cup, I get a migraine, and can't function.


I don't want to give up my coffee completely, since coffee by itself isn't bad for you. But I do want to give up my unhealthy cream and sugar habit.

So... I've created a plan... Muuhhaahaahaa...

Consider this, my Coffee Rehab.

Reduce, Replace, Eliminate

Step 1: Reduce the amount of sugar I put in coffee (I put in 7 packets of Raw Sugar... I know... BAD!)
           Start with 6 packets (which I did today)  and gradually reduce each week.

Step 2: Reduce the amount of half and half (this is the hardest part for me). I usually put in about 1/2-3/4 cup
            of half and half (I know... WHOA!) Start with only putting 1/4 cup in (I didn't do this today).

Step 3: Once I get used to the lesser amount of half and half, replace with Whole Milk, do this for a week
            straight.

Step 4: The next week, replace Whole Milk with 2% Milk. This one may take a while to get used to.

FINAL STEP: Once used to 2% Milk, replace with 1% Milk.

I will be completely satisfied if I can replace my half and half with 1% Milk and my 5 million pounds of sugar, with 1 packet. I would REALLY like to learn to love black coffee. We'll see...

Happy Friday, Loves!

- Jessica

2 comments:

  1. eeks i love coffee too ha- i need to slow down my addiction ;) maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the SAME steps right now myself. I love coffee - need at least one cup to get me started in the morning. But all the sugar and creamer - oye! I wish I could just drink it black. So I've kicked the sugar and I am slowly decreasing my creamer. I'm starting to like to stronger taste of my coffee. I'm hoping within a month or so I will be all black! :)

    ReplyDelete