Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Weighty Issue and Tasty Thursday

I miss excercising. Before my husband and I started dating, and even in the beginning stages of our relationship, I was so dedicated to the gym. If I missed a day, my whole day was thrown off. Some days, I would drag myself out of bed at 4:45am to get to Spinning class at 5:30am.


I also was addicted to Kickboxing class and BodyPump. O.M.G. I miss BodyPump. It's a class where you lift weights.


Like that. I got such a rush lifting weights and sweating my ass off... sweat pouring off of me, dripping down my elbows when I did squats with the weights. Sounds gross, huh? I LOVED it. The music pumping in the background just made me push myself even harder.



Kickboxing just made me feel strong and powerful. Something about watching myself in those huge mirrors in the class, kicking and punching, with the bass-pumping music in the background, made me get a rush too.

I would love to get back into it again. I would have to do some serious planning with my schedule and family time in order to squeeze one of these classes in. I have lost all of my baby weight, plus more. I am in no way bragging about this... I'm just happy to be the size I am now. I went from a size 10 before I got pregnant with LittleMonster, to a size 4/6 (depending on what store) five months after I had him. Just last week I had to go buy new work pants because my pre-pregnancy size 10's were literally falling off of me. When I went on a hunt for new pants, I really had no idea what size I was. I came home with New York and Company size 4, and Express size 6. I gained 40 and some odd pounds with MonkeyGirl, and exactly 30 pounds with LittleMonster. When I came home from the hospital, I had 15 more to lose. That came off within 3 months. The next 2 months, I lost another 10 pounds. I'm pretty happy with my weight now... I would like to lose another 10. But, I know that won't happen without working out. Is it weird that I'm divulging all of this info about my size on the internet?! Ahh, well...


Now, on to a contradicting topic... FOOD!

Every Thursday, I would like to post a new recipe... preferably, a healthy one. Tasty Thursday!

This recipe is my go-to stir fry. I usually make this about once every 2 weeks, just because it's pretty healthy and VERY easy and quick, which is always a must for me during the week.

Stir Fry

1 pound of chicken (cubed), or pork or beef (both in strips)
1 package of SteamFresh veggies (I usually use the kind that has carrots, broccoli, edamame, etc.)
Whole wheat thin spaghetti (I use about 1/2 a box to feed 3)
3/4 cup of Light Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing (Kraft brand)
3 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided

Start by boiling the water for your pasta. Depending on what meat you chose, cut the chicken into cubes, or cut the beef or pork into strips. Coat a pan with cooking spray (I use Crisco Canola Oil Spray). Place meat into pan and cook on medium-high heat. While the meat is cooking, add the spaghetti to the boiling water, and cook according to the package directions. Also, place the bag of SteamFresh veggies in the microwave and cook according to the package directions. Once the veggies are done steaming in the microwave, add them to the meat in the pan, and reduce heat to low. Add 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce to meat and veggies in pan and mix throroughly. In a mixing bowl, mix the Light Asian Toasted Sesame dressing with 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce (add less or more depending on your preference). Drain the spaghetti. Add spaghetti to the Sesame dressing and teriyaki sauce mixture, and coat the pasta with the sauce (I use tongs to mix). Add meat and veggie mixture to pasta, and mix. Serve hot!

I need to add pictures to go along with my Tasty Thursday recipes! Pictures always make a recipe look more yummy.


- Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the exercising! Body Pump is one of the best strength training workouts around! I use to love taking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow!...and, don't forget to get back up on the exercise bandwagon...it's still important though it may not be as high on the priority list!! : )

    ReplyDelete