Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tasty Thursday - Soy Chicken Wings and Update on Coffee Rehab

I made these Soy Chicken Wings last night, and got halfway through and thought Damnit! I forgot to take pictures for my Tasty Thursday post! So, I took ONE picture. Because after that picture, I completely forgot to take more pictures, plus I was just too hungry to even think about stopping to take pictures.

Soy Chicken Wings

Ingredients

1 package chicken wings (I always use drumettes)
1 bottle reduced sodium soy sauce
Garlic Powder (No clue on measurement of this)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread out chicken wings in a pan and sprinkle liberally with garlic poweder. Pour entire bottle of soy sauce over chicken wings. Baste wings with excess soy sauce that's in the pan. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Baste wings again. Bake in oven for another 10 minutes, and baste again.

This is my only sad picture.

Bake for another 10 minutes and baste wings, but this time pour off excess soy sauce and bake for 25 minutes. The wings will get nice and dark.
I usually serve this with sauteed squash with onions and brown rice.


As for my progress with the Coffee Rehab... I'm sloooowwwwly getting there. I'm down to 6 sugars, instead of 7 (yeah, see... slowly) and I switched to Low Fat Coffee Mate creamer.   This past weekend (like 2 days after I wrote my first coffee rehab post) when I was at my mom's, I asked her to make me a cup of coffee and said you know how I like it... She looked at me with a smirk and I said "Yeah, ignore my blog post." So, she made it light and sweet... She's an enabler! Not her fault. I failed.

- Jessica

3 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds so fun.... especially as a weekend treat! I know what you mean about coffee.... I was addicted to French Vanilla Creamer but wanted to stop using it for my hubby and I bc of the fat and hydrogenated oil. So I have weaned us off it and now use Silk French Vanilla Creamer.... doesn't taste quite the same, but so much healthier. BTW tho I don't use sugar, you may want to try Truvia in your coffee. So great to "meet" you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! i absolutely love chicken wings!!

    good luck on your coffee rehab! haha I never got into coffee but all my friends are obbseessed and I see how they get without their morning brew..NAHHHTT PRETTY!

    xoxoxo thanks for the comment girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great recipe and very healthy version of chicken wings! I might seriously have to try these!!!

    ReplyDelete