Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Show Us Your Life: Beauty Secrets

Sharing my beauty "secrets" over at Kelly's Korner. Well, mine aren't really secrets, it's more like my daily routine... Exciting?... Eh, not really...





This is my everyday makeup bag. I don't use all of these products everyday, but they're in there because these are my most used products. I also have a make-up drawer at home, which has products (MAC eyeshadows mostly) that I love, but don't use everyday.


I swear by this Pur Minerals foundation, bronzer and blush. It's so light, but has amazing coverage.



I just use basic brushes. The first one here is a MAC eyebrow pencil. I have naturally thin eyebrows, so this helps define them and fill them in. The next is a simple eyeshadow brush, then a blending brush, and a fine flat brush that I use to put eyeshadow on as eyeliner. I also swear by MAC Paint Pot (not pictured). It's an eyeshadow primer and makes my eyeshadow stay on all day, no creasing or smudging.




These are my favorite eyeshadow palettes. The first one is Urban Decay Ammo Palette. It's pretty basic, but the colors are wonderful, and blend very nicely. The other one is a MAC palette with purple shades... I use this one quite often. I have green eyes, and purple compliments them.



I almost always use 2 different mascaras. Usually one that thickens, and one that lengthens. My current ones are Maybelline's Colossal and Stiletto. I was blessed with very short eyelashes... so I do whatever I can to make them longer and fuller, without going the false lashes route.


As for my hair...  I usually blow-dry and straighten my hair. I have an A-line bob hairstyle, and it looks best when it's straightened. My hair is naturally curly, which I liked when my hair was longer, but not too fond of my curly-ness now that it's short. The hubs loves my curly hair... He calls it my "bad girl hair" Ha! I had to go curly today because it's rainy and humid here, and if I straightened my hair, it would puff up the second I stepped outside and I would look like a frizzball. Not good.


- Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I love the Stiletto mascara! I usually switch around, but since I found this brand last year, it's all I wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving reading all these makeup tips branching off from Kelly's Corner. Fun tips!

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete