Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm SUCH a slacker!!

So...


I've been bizzy, which is why I haven't posted. Ugh, I hate that.


Been busy at work, at home, and everywhere else. We just moved last week. Man, that was quite a project. The house we moved into was gross... It smelled and was dirty. It hadn't been taken care of in 5 years, and the elderly lady that did live in it, hasn't lived in it for a year now. It just needed a coat of paint, some major cleaning and to be aired out. We did all of the above, and it's now our home! We love it. It's big. The two-story townhouse we lived in previously was a 3/2/2 car garage with 1700 square feet and a VERY small living room/dining room combination. I loved the kitchen and master bedroom/bathroom though. The kitchen was brand new... granite countertops and all stainless steel appliances. Our bedroom was very spacious, with french doors and a little balcony. Our bathroom had double sinks, granite, garden tub, and a huge walk in glass shower.

This was my husband and I's first home together. This is where our daughter lived for 2 years, and this is the house where we brought our newborn son home too. We had great memories in that house. It was bittersweet when we left. We were sad because we had such wonderful times, but happy we were moving on to create new memories. Even my in-laws were sad to see that house empty.
Our new house is a 3/2/2 car garage with 2700 square feet and one floor. BIG difference. We are actually going to be saving roughly $300 a month in this new house... BIG difference there as well. We are renting for now, but would eventually love to buy this house. There's a large living room, separate dining room, family room (which we have converted into a playroom), which is right off the small-ish kitchen. The laundry room/mud room is big. There's tons of storage throughout the house. Built-in bookshelves in the master bedroom and in the playroom. The screened-in patio is ginormous. There's 3 sets of sliding glass doors that go out to the patio. One set in the master bedroom, dining room, and playroom. It's right on the water with a dock... Only downfall... we have alligators. BIG alligators... 10-12 feet long alligators. I loved that we were moving into a house because that means we have a backyard. So, in order for us to be able to use the backyard, we have to be sans alligators. So, we're solving this issue by putting a fence up. I will defintely post pictures of the new house! We love our paint colors and it's starting to feel more "us" and like our home.


Now... lemme tell you all a story about what happened last night in this new house. My daughter kicked my husband out of the bed last night. Whenever she comes in to sleep with us, she knees him in the back, kicks him in certain spots, and just makes him miserable... So, my poor husband slept on the couch because she refused to go back to her bed. I hate when this happens. At about 2:30am LittleMonster woke up to eat. We fed him and he went back to sleep, but in the swing, which is right next to the couch in the living room. We have a pretty large playmat on the rug in the living room with a bunch of toys on the playmat, and one of the toys is a plushy sun that has that crinkly stuff in it. At about 3:00am my husband was woken up by the sound of that crinkly stuff... Like someone was playing with that toy... He sat up, and didn't see anyone playing with it, but still heard it. This kind of freaked him out a bit, which it would have me too, and he said out loud "Please stop that"... and it stopped. The elderly woman who used to live in that house, her husband passed away in that house. I'm thinking it was him... Just playing with the Baby's toys. I don't know if I believe in "ghosts" or spirits being present because I've never had an encounter. But, I don't doubt that it was him. I hope he is happy that our happy family is living in his house. I hope he sees how happy our kids are, and how full of love his house is, and is happy that we are taking care of his beautiful house.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment